LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

9 - I Have a Body Like Heavenly Fathers

Gathering Activity
Dress-up clothes and mirror. Young children need help with this kind of play or they will not participate.
Activity
1. Play Primary Musical awareness CD (unit 2) and dance with dress ups on or with scarves. 2. Play “Elbow to Elbow” instructions in the files section.
Snack Gingerbread Cookie Recipe from Friend Dec '73
Song: ”Here We are Together” “I’m All Made of Hinges”"I Have a Wonderful Body." (activity verse)“I am a Child of God” “I Love Mother” (ready for Mother’s Day)“Do As I’m Doing”
Stories
1.Prayerfully study Exodus 2:1-10; Psalm 82:6; D&C 138:55-56; and Moses 1:1-6 2. Friend, Jan. 2001, 32 Joseph Smith First vision shoe box diarama. Our Cub Scouts make a cute adaptation using pullies and wood structures. 3. , “Sharing Time: We Grow to Be Like Our Parents,” Friend, Apr. 1984, 14 (see Kayla's lesson #2 at www.theideadoor.com) 1. Make a gingerbread man using the pattern in the photos section. Let the kids decorate them with crayons, fruit loops, cheerios, etc. 2. http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Friend/2000.htm/friend september 2000.htm/sharing time fasting and prayer.htm?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0 Girl and boy marionettesFriend, Sept. 2000, 11p://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Friend/2000.htm/friend september 2000.htm/sharing time fasting and prayer.htm?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0Girl and boy marionettesFriend, Sept. 2000, 11
Advance Preparation
For lesson 22, Save your plastic Easter eggs. We can use plastic Easter eggs with picture numbers from the manual in them and songs that go with the lesson. The children find the eggs and someone is chosen to pick one to see what is inside.

No comments: