LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 Heavenly Father Has a Plan for Me

Gathering Activities
Tykes play equipment and slanted table to slide on.
Advance Preparation
Work on "What We Pray For Video" (interview parents, ward leaders about what they pray about for use in lesson 12)
Activities
Put doll on a chair – play Simon Says and talk about why the doll can’t do what we can do.
Snacks
Taste baby food, puree fruits or buy prepared baby food.
Songs
”Here We are Together”“I am a Child of God” “I Lived in Heaven A long Time Ago”“I Love Mother”
Stories
Prayerfully study Abraham 3:22–27. See also Gospel Principles (31110), chapter 2.Show pictures listed in manual to give an overview of Heavely Father’s Plan. Also there is a booklet in the photo section of this group with pictures of the plan from the Jan 2005 Friend.
Art Activities
1. What Does Jesus Want Me to do? Pictures to color Friend Sept 1997 -- in photos section. 2. Call for Help Plan (Oct 1994 Friend) This is for parents. 3. Check the photos section of this group for more picts and ideas 4.Also see Kayla's lesson ideas at http://www.brownbaggifts.com/Kayla.htm

No comments: