LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

15 I Will Be Thankful

The old Nursery Manual had "thanks in the title of many of the lessons"
Gathering Activities:
Have the children bring in something they are thankful for. Bring a few extra things for visitors or children who didn't bring anything.
Activities:
Dramatization: Trip to the Zoo (Primary 1 tape)“Animal, Animal Who are You?”Game Primary 1 Book (or do another one that seems to fit)
Snack:
Fruit snacks in the shape of something to be grateful for (stars, fruits, animals etc.). Be sure and emphasize thanks during the prayer.
Songs:
"Thanks to Our Father" 20 "Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime 245 A Song of Thanks pg 20,
Stories:
Rebus story from Friend Listening Walk from lesson 8 http://theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1898
Art Activities:
Make an art collage of favorites. Need old magazines. Ask for donations from Relief Society.
Advance Preparation:

No comments: