LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

10 I Will Take Care of My Body

Gathering Activities:
Giant Bubbles; pop them with different body parts Butcher paper body tracing of each child. Hang on the wall and let children color.Play Musical Awareness #2 unit on Nursery CDFreeze water in a latex glove for next weeks lesson.Ask parents to send in gloves for child for next week’s lesson
Activities:
Chalk Talk, Draw action figures on chalkboard and the children strike the pose. See shapes in file
Snack:
Delicious Dolls from foodFood doll from FHE Manual pg. 288
Songs:
Knees, and Toes" 275"Do As I'm Doing" 276Hinges 277Once I Was a Baby sung to Once There Was a Snowman 249“"Head, Shoulders,
Stories:
Review that when we lived in Heaven, we did not have bodies. Now we have wonderful bodies. Show the children a glove or mitten. Compare our earthly bodies to a hand with a glove on it. Show how the hand (the spirit) makes the glove (the body) move. Take off the glove and explain that this is like physical death. The spirit and the body are separated, and the body cannot move.
Art Activities:
Friend, Sept. 2000, 11Paper boy and girl marionetteshttp://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Friend/2000.htm/friend september 2000.htm/sharing time fasting and prayer.htm?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0My body handprint Poem on
Advance Preparation:

No comments: