LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

4- Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love Me

Gathering Activities:
Love Musical Chairs (See Feb Gathering Times) Show the Children the pictures of them with Jesus from last week.
Activities:
Love Wall (see Feb Activities) Heart Bouquet (see Feb Activities)
Snack
Waffle cones, rim dipped in melting chocolate dipped in sprinkles. Fill with trail mix: 4 c Chex cereal1/2 c Dried fruit bits1/2 c Raisins1/2 c peanuts1/2 c M & MsMix in large ziplock
Stories:
”Here We are Together” “My Heavenly Father Loves Me”“I Love Mother”:Jesus Loves the Children": "I Feel My Savior's Love" Friend, July 1994, 23 Pictures of things to be grateful for. See Kayla's lesson ideas at http://www.brownbaggifts.com/Kayla.htm
Art Activities
1. Hand tracing “I Love You” (ASL) Valentine for parents. Staple the two middle fingers down - ASL I Love You sign 2. Good for baby book Christ with Children coloring page Picture of Jesus and kids Handprint. 3. Make “ ‘I Love You This Much’ Card,” Friend, Feb. 2005, 12 -- I used adding machine tape for the long paper strips between the hands. Give to a parent for Valentine's Day.
Advance Preparation
Ask parents to send in a comfort item for the Holy Ghost lesson as a visual aid.

No comments: