LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12 I Can Pray with My Family

Gathering Activities:
Children make a family gathering for themselves on the wall with cutouts of mom, dad and children from youngzones lesson 27 (see links)
http://youngzones.org/nursery/Lesson27.html
Activities:
Color and enlarge the prayer pictures in June 1985 p 45 and play a matching game. Bring in the "How to Pray" graphics to talk about or play with.
Snack: Be sure to pray at snack time for families and some of the things in the prayer pictures.
Songs:
"Family Prayer" 189 CS"I Pray in Faith" 14 CS"A Song of Thanks" 20 CS"A Prayer Song" 22 CS"Thanks to Our Father" 20
Stories:
An Answered Prayer story from June 2004 FriendKaties Prayer story from Nov. 2001 FriendLooking for Brittany story from Oct. 2004 Friend
Art Activities:
This is my mother, who helps me at play (raise first finger);This is my father, who works all the day (raise second finger).This is my brother, so strong and so tall (raise third finger);This is my sister, who likes to play ball (raise fourth finger).And this is me; I’m happy to say (extend thumb)Together our family kneels down to pray (close fist).
Advance Preparation: Young zones lesson 27 listed in links section. Use the cutouts mentioned in gathering time

No comments: