LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 - I Can Pray to Heavenly Father

Gathering Activities
Sheet Swinging: Fold a sheet lengthwise. With an adult on each end,gently swing a child. Sing songs to the child.
Activities
1. Video interview of what parents and leaders pray for. 2. Put together the "Prayer Puzzles", Friend, Feb 1992. (see photos section for puzzle visuals) Discuss what is happening in each puzzle as you put the puzzle together.
Snack
Peanutbutter Playdough1 c. peanut butter 1 c. light corn syrup 1-1/4 c. dry milk 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar. Mix and knead and it's ready to use.
Songs
“I am a Child of God””Here We are Together”“I Begin By Saying Dear Heavenly Father” “I Love Mother"
Stories
1. Tell flannel board story “Sharing Time: Seek Guidance through Prayer,” Friend, May 1988, 38, 39 -- see Kayla's lesson ideas at http://www.brownbaggifts.com/Kayla.htm 2.Alma Prays to Heavenly Father Friend, Sept. 2000,
Art Activities
15http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Magazines/Friend/2000.htm/friend september 2000.htm/enos and the power of prayer what other special helps has heavenly father given me to help me keep my baptismal covenants. 1.Color and assemble prayer booklet. Origami 8 page booklet. With pictures from Friend, June 1985, 45 to glue in it. See instructions Praying Handprint for calendar Poem in file. 2. Make the house from "I Can Pray to Heavenly Father", Friend, Sept 1998 -- (for visuals, see Kayla's lesson ideas at www.theideadoor.com)
Advance Preparation
Bring in a large picture of Jesus and take a picture of each child with this picture of Jesus. Develop or print out this picture for next weeks lesson.

No comments: