LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

25 I Belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Gathering Activities:
Simon Says (make a sound)
In this version, Simon Says to make sounds rather than do something.
Simon says, �cough�. Simon says, �sneeze.� Simon says, �Laugh�, etc.
Instead of �Simon�, let the leader use his own name or pretend to be his favorite character in a book. (Use �The Prophet says,� or �The Bishop says�)
Activities:
Here Is the ChurchHere is the church (clasp hands with fingers interlaced inside),And here is the steeple (extend forefingers and put tips together).Open the doors (open palms, keeping fingers together)And see all the people (wiggle fingers).Close the doors and hear them pray (close hands with fingers inside; hold hands to one ear).Open the door and they all walk away (open hands, make fingers “walk” away). I’m glad I came to church today (clasp hands and make steeple of church by putting tips of forefingers together).I love to listen (cup hand around ear)And to pray (fold arms and bow head).I learn of Jesus up above (point up);I think of Jesus and his love (hug self).
Snack:
Bread (honey butter) and water and talk about the sacrament and how it is meant to be a spiritual feast. They will probably miss that part but you won't and those who help you won't.
Songs:
I am Glad for Many Things, Review favorites having to do with being a church member.
Stories:
Here is a bunch of things you could use. I can't take the time to separate it all.
http://www.theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1898:kaylas-nursery-lessons&catid=126:nursery
Art Activities:
http://youngzones.org/nursery/Lesson42.html
Advance Preparation:

No comments: