LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

13 My Family Can Be Together Forever

Gathering Activities:
Parachute fun invite a family member to play this opening activity too.
Activities:
Temple Walk, put up pictures of temples around the church building and walk around pointing them out.
Snack:
Using the graphic at the end of the lesson 26 in the old manual, show the children the circles and ask them to remember to pray for and be thankful for these things and especially the temple before snack.
Songs:
I Love to See the Temple p. 95 "Families Can Be Together Forever" p. 188

Have the children stand and sing or say the words to the first part of “I Love to See the Temple” (Children’s Songbook, p. 95), using the following actions:I love to see the temple (interlock fingers and raise the forefinger of each hand to make a spire).I’m going there someday (walk in place)To feel the Holy Spirit (put hand over heart),To listen and to pray (put hand behind ear, then fold arms).(© 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry. Used by permission.)Explain that because the temple is a sacred place, we wear white clothing when we are inside. The clothing reminds us that Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to be clean and pure and to always choose what is right.
Stories:
Place of Love and Beauty story from Jan 2002 FriendMy Family Can Be Together story from April 2005 FriendSpecial Place story from May 2002 Friend
Art Activities:
I use the graphic page in lesson 26 from the old Nursery manual.
Advance Preparation:

No comments: