LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

18 I Will Love Others

Gathering Activities:
Flashlight Fun (see Flashlight Fun File) Toy Box Play from Nursery cd or tape #7
Activities:
Sing or play the following as in the manual “When We’re Helping” and Play “Follow the Leader” with the children.
Snack:
Bring carrot sticks and dip, tell them to be a good example and eat their vegetables
Songs:
"Do As I'm Doing" 276 CS"I'm Trying to Be like Jesus" 78 CS"Jesus Said Love Everyone" 61 CS"Jesus Once Was a Little Child" 55 CS"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" 60 CS"I Am like a Star" 163 CS"When We're Helping" 198 CS
Stories:
Kayla's Lesson 36 at Idea Door (Do We Live at Your House?) "Hugs are for Teaching," The Friend February 1991, p. 18 (story) "Being Kind to Others," The Friend October 1988, p.43 (story)
Activity:
Jesus said love everyone (spread arms out wide);Treat them kindly, too (nod head up and down).When your heart is filled with love (put hands over heart),Others will love you (hug self). Sing or say the words to the chorus of “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, p. 78), using the actions described below:Love one another as Jesus loves you (hug self).Try to show kindness in all that you do (shake another person’s hand).Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought (pretend one hand is an animal’s head and pet it with the other hand),For these are the things Jesus taught (hold hands together, palms up, like a book of scripture).
Art Activities:
Make simple crowns for the children with the words "I will love others" on it.
Advance Preparation:

No comments: