LDS Nursery Resources

Enjoy these resources and lessons that I have put together to share.

LDS Helps to go with "Behold Your Little Ones" - Listed by Lesson Number

Make your nursery a wonderful memory for you and your children! This project grew out of an assignment for my "Teaching Methods" class at BYU in 2004. I've shared this work with over 1000 nursery workers who have joined my yahoo group worldwide since 2005. I am looking forward to sharing my ideas that are easy to duplicate and most of them come from the Children's Friend or other church produced resources. As I update to the new format, I hope that nursery workers will be able to use these carefully coordinated ideas for the new "Behold Your Little Ones" Nursery manual.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

17 I Will Share

Gathering Activities:
Play Duck, duck, goose and Ring Around the Rosie
Activities:
Discuss how the people in the following picture are being friends: 1-8, 1-71, 1-12, 1-67, 1-38, 1-41, 1-37, 1-42, 1-35, 1-44, 1-24, 1-55,
Snack:
Let the children share as they help with snack time. Getting them to hear about sharing is more important than sharing. They are still very young to get this idea.
Songs:
"Jesus Is Our Loving Friend" 58 CS"Kindness Begins with Me" 145 CS"Fun to Do" 253 CS"'Give,' Said the Little Stream" 236 CS"Jesus Said Love Everyone" 61 CS"Friends Are Fun" 262 CS"We Are Different" 263 CS"I Have Two Little Hands" 272 CS
Stories:
"Danny's Pillow," The Friend February 1991, p. 41 (story) "Waste of Time Primary Service Project" The Friend January 2000 p. 32 (story)
http://theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1898 Lesson 33
Art Activities:
Look under files lesson 33 for Friendship Wheel
http://youngzones.org/nursery/Lesson33.html
Advance Preparation:

No comments: